These Terms and Conditions apply to the VpowerU's Demand Flexibility Service (the “Service”). By entering the Service, you agree to be bound by the following Terms and Conditions:
- The Service will be run by 8lectric Ltd trading as VpowerU, a company registered in England and Wales with registered number 10494539 and registered office 4 Cambridge Court, 210 Shepherds Bush Road, London, England, W6 7NJ (“VpowerU”, “we”, “us”).
- These terms and conditions, together with any specific rules set out in any communications relating to the Service, are the Service rules (“Rules”) and apply to this Service. By entering this Service, you are agreeing to be bound by these Rules and any other applicable instructions.
- VpowerU reserves the right to cancel or amend the Service and/or the Rules without prior notice. Any changes will be posted on our website.
- In the event of any dispute regarding any aspect of the Service, the decision of VpowerU shall be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this Service. Entrants must be 18 or over. Only residents of Great Britain (excluding Northern Ireland) are eligible to sign up to VpowerU and take part in the Service.
- To be eligible for the Service, you must:
a. At all times comply with these Terms & Conditions;
b. have a working electricity smart meter which has been sending 80% of half-hourly readings for the last 20 days
c. have at least a full day’s worth of half-hourly readings
d. not be taking part in the Demand Flexibility Service with another provider
g. have consented to, and not remove your consent, giving us half-hourly reads.
- The Service period will start at 00:01 on Tuesday 1st November 2022 and will end at 23:59 on 31st March 2023.
- There will be at least 12 turn down windows (“Events”) throughout the Service period and the upper limit is uncapped. Customers will be able to decide which events they participate in. Prior to each Event, we will send you a notification of the Event window and the available payment per kWh turn down (the “Incentive”). The Incentive is not fixed and may be different for each Event.
- To be eligible for payment, you must opt-in to the Event before it begins, and reduce electricity import as measured by your smart meter compared to a “Baseline” during any of the half-hours of the Event window.
- You will be paid the Incentive for each half-hour of the Event that you turn down. We will credit your account within four to six weeks of actual meter reading being confirmed/received by VpowerU.
- Customers participating in our services need to opt in and give consent for obtaining half hourly consumption data on their behalf. We will send this consent to the smart data collector's (DCC) approved partner and receive the data which will be used for baseline and settlement/payment calculations purposes. Customer may opt out by emailing email@example.com. Also, we have an obligation to take steps to verify the request for services and consent has in fact come from the individual (or an individual who has the authority to act on behalf of the business) occupying the premises in question (and not from someone else purporting to be that person). As a result, we will need you to pass a verification process to prove that you are linked to the address. This can be done by submitting a credit/debit card that is registered to your address or entering the serial number from your smart meter’s IHD (In Home Device) device or by providing other relevant documents. VpowerU cannot process/release payments until half hour meter data is available.
- We will calculate your Baseline using the BSC P376 ‘Utilising a Baseline Methodology to set Physical Notifications’ with an in-day adjustment for domestic customers, and without an in-day adjustment for business customers. This methodology looks at up to 10 days of your recent smart meter history, excluding days where a Session has taken place, to calculate your average consumption.
- In the event that we’re unable to pull your meter readings to calculate your usage from any of the Events, we’ll work it out using an average across all Service participants. If at any point throughout the Service you are no longer eligible under Clause 7, we reserve the right to remove you from the Service.
- If your smart meter becomes disconnected or you move house, we reserve the right to remove you from the Service.
- By entering the Service, you warrant that all information submitted by you is true, current and complete. If any information you submit is found to be fraudulent or incorrectly completed or if VpowerU has reasonable grounds to believe that you have breached any of the Rules, VpowerU reserves the right to disqualify you from the Service.
- Customers on electricity export tariffs will be credited on their reduction in import and not export, in line with National Grid ESO Demand Flexibility Service specifications.
- VpowerU will not be liable to reimburse any expenses incurred with entering the Service.
- If at any point you wish to opt-out of the Service, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will remove you.
Data Protection and Publicity
- VpowerU will share customers’ Meter Point Administration Numbers with National Grid ESO to register customers in the service and allocate payment to individual customers. VpowerU will provide National Grid ESO with half hourly electricity consumption, baseline and reduction data, summed across all customers in each of the 14 GSP Groups, for the purposes of delivering the Service. In rare cases, National Grid ESO may request detailed half hourly data around the events to audit performance and payment, which may include consumption data on an individual customer basis. By entering the Service you agree to your information being used as such.
- VpowerU in its sole discretion reserves the right to withdraw or vary the Rules and/or any offer made in connection with them in order to comply with the decision of any relevant judicial or regulatory body and shall not be held liable to any entrant for doing so.